Various positions for the slave such as attention, parade rest, kneeling and worship positions are most common yet may vary in implementation.
Goren Slave Positions
The most commonly documented and discussed slave positions are the Gorean slave positions from the Gorean Chronicles as written by John Norman.
- Nadu, or Pleasure Slave The first and most often used of all of the Gorean slave positions, and one of the first ones a slave learns. The command gets its name, Nadu, from the Gorean word for "kneel." In this position the slave kneels, her ankles crossed, and sits upon her heels with her back and shoulders straight, her chest out, belly in, and her head up, though she averts her eyes to the floor. Her thighs are open, widely spread, her hands rest upon her thighs palms upward.
- Tower Slave There is another variation of Nadu in which the slave kneels the same way, but with her palms down and her knees modestly together. This variation is referred to as Tower Slave Position and is typically reserved for underage or white-silk slave girls, or slave girls who serve their Master in a non-sexual way, such as a Tower Slave or female Work Slave.
- Bara, or Belly This position is correctly designated by the name Bara, the Gorean word for "belly," although slaves are expected to respond to either command in the same fashion. In this position the slave falls to her stomach, face down to the floor and turned to the left, crosses her wrists behind her back, and similarly crosses her ankles, her legs straight, in preparation for binding.
- Sula or Prone In this position, a slave lays upon her back, her hands at her sides, palms upward, her legs widely spread, to await her Master's pleasure.
- Sula-Ki, or "Alternative Sula" This position is almost identical to the Sula position, except once the slave has assumed the Sula position she slowly lifts her hips up off the floor, as if beckoning him with her body, encouraging her sexual use by him.
- Lesha, or Binding From the Gorean word Lesha, which translates as "leash." In this position, the slave remains either standing or kneeling, depending upon the current position she is in. She turns and puts her back to her Master, her chin up, her head turned to the left so a leash may be attached to her collar, with her chin up and her back and shoulders straight. Her wrists are extended behind her, side by side, in a position to be locked into chained slave bracelets.
- Bracelets, or Chaining In this position the slave stands gracefully before her Master, with her hips slightly turned to one side, her back and shoulders erect, her wrists crossed behind her back and her head turned to the left, in anticipation of having slave bracelets attached to her wrists.
- Ko Lar, or Collaring Also called "the Position of Female Submission." In this position the slave kneels at the Master's feet and leans her body back, sitting upon her heels, with her arms extended upward, crossed at the wrists, and her head beneath them lowered in supplication.
- Hair In this position the slave stands, her feet flat on the floor, and bows gracefully at the waist, that her hair might fall forward for display, or to be shorn, seized, or used for any purpose that the Master desires.
- Whipping In this position the slave first assumes the Nadu position, though with her arms crossed in front of her. She then leans forward and places her head to the floor, first sweeping her hair forward over her shoulders in order that her back might be utterly exposed to the whip.
- Obedience or Obeisance The slave goes to the floor, laying upon her stomach, face down before the Master. She turns her head and places her cheek against his feet, kissing them lightly in a gesture of love and submission.
- Leading The slave stands and moves behind her Master, bending at the waist. She places her hands behind her and puts the side of her head to her Master's hip, that he might lead her easily by the hair or collar while walking.
- She-Sleen Also known as "assuming the modality of the she-quadruped." In this position, the slave falls to her hands and knees, her head down on the floor, her hindquarters upthrust for viewing and/or her Master's pleasure. "Serving in the modality of the she-quadruped" is an instruction whereby the slave performs her regular duties upon hands and knees, without the benefit of the use of her hands. In this mode she may not rise to her feet and may use only her mouth and teeth to grasp and manipulate objects.
- "Slaver's Kiss" The slave falls to the floor upon all fours, and lowers her head to the ground, with her buttocks thrust upward and her thighs widely spread, exposing her hindquarters fully in preparation for the caress of the leather against her body.
- Common Gorean Usage The slave falls to the floor upon all fours, and keeps her head straight, her eyes looking forward, with her buttocks thrust upward and her thighs widely spread in preparation for the sexual use of the Master.
- Walk When this command is given, the slave turns in a graceful pirouette, her hair swinging. She then walks, gliding across the room, her feet hardly seeming to leave the floor, her hips swaying sensually, her body erect and proud. When she reaches her objective she halts and stands, her body erect, her shoulders back, her chest thrust forward, her belly in. She turns her hip out a bit, her hands at her sides, and points one foot. Her head is up and her eyes are lowered.
- Run When this command is given, the slave runs toward her objective, taking short rapid steps, with her legs almost straight, her feet hardly leaving the floor. As she moves her back is straight, her head is turned to the left, and her arms are at her sides, her palms facing outward at a 45 degree angle to her body. Upon reaching her objective she drops gracefully to her knees and typically resumes the position of Nadu.
- "Slave Lips" When this command is given, the slave turns her head up to the Master, her lips pursed in a sensual kissing position. She remains motionless, her lips thusly puckered, and may not move until she is granted the kiss of a Master.